Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cable News


We've finally caught up to 1982. The only thing cable we've had up to this point is a cable knit sweater...(but we really didn't have a cable knit sweater) : P


Now we don't have to say, "We don't have cable; I have no clue what you're talking about" in those random TV conversations that we all have. Basically, I got it for the sports - I missed Monday Night Football - and Leslie is delighting in all the new shows she can watch. I have to admit, in the past I gave cable a hard time about being a vast wasteland of channels that I just flipped through until the next half hour, but now there are some interesting shows and channels out there. It's something to kill the time with on lazy, boring days.


The only downside is the cost. I really enjoyed not paying for a cell phone and cable all those years, and now I have two extra bills to pay each month. I guess it's worth it...we'll see.


(P.S. I know "delighting" isn't a verb, so no need to comment on that)

4 comments:

  1. Chris:

    You can also start enjoying Mad Men on A&E ... think it is available on demand, I have seasons one and two on CD if you like.

    Dont forget about getting sucked into bad lifetime movies. Have done that on occassion and been mad cause then you feel like you wasted a day.

    Did you get any movie channels? If so check out True Blood on HBO.

    Wait till you start watching crazy shows like Hoarders, Redneck Weddings and Bridezilla ... life will never be the same.

    Listen to me .. what has my life come to. :)

    I recently got a new blue ray DVD player. Cool thing is that I can use it to stream Netflix movies. There arent too many available this way but hopefully it will become more popular in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Netflix On Demand, but it's limited. Some good documentaries, some really weird. And there's the occasional movie I haven't seen yet or want to watch again.

    So far, I like Sponge Bob and Leslie likes Food Channel and all those Playboy / Kim and Chloe type shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, 'Chloe' is spelled with a 'K'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can get Top Gear on demand watch it. Otherwise, I'm with Lisa - just wait until some cold, boring Sunday and you find the show about the horders....

    ReplyDelete